Semi-static ropes used for rock climbing come in a variety of lengths and diameters, with the most common lengths being 50, 60, and 70 meters (approximately 165, 200, and 230 feet, respectively).
Semi-static ropes used for rock climbing come in a variety of lengths and diameters, with the most common lengths being 50, 60, and 70 meters (approximately 165, 200, and 230 feet, respectively). Users must make sure to read the instructions for the device carefully to ensure safety and recognize any limitations to semi-static ropes' diameter.
Lengths will vary depending on rope maintenance and age, and there are even semi-static ropes as long as 80 meters for specialized ascents on routes that would normally require a multi-pitch climbing attempt due to being only slightly longer than a standard rope length.
1. Provides good handling and excellent durability.
2. Special handling and weaving enhance the consistency of the rope and provide excellent grip.
3. Can control drop well, so it works for all levels of users.
4. A stitching terminal with a protective cover helps hold the connector in place for ease of operation.
5. The diameter and structure contribute to durability and maintain flexibility to further enhance durability.
Care and Maintenance:
1. Semi-static ropes are made from nylon and don't require a great deal of maintenance.
2. Ropes that are frequently used are often inspected for cuts, abrasions, or frayed areas;
3. Semi-static ropes can also be washed to clean them of any extensive dirt or grime.
4. Hard falls can seriously compromise the strength of a rope, without showing obvious signs of wear.
Static Climbing Rope Suppliers
Rope Rock Climbing Company
Climbing Static Rope Manufactures
Climbing Static Rope Suppliers
Climbing Equipment Suppliers
Climbing Gear Company